The basic preparation is the same as if you were going in for a checkup at your primary care physicians. You should bath thoroughly and dress comfortably in a two piece outfit, a loose fitting short sleeved top and an easy fitting bottom. Do not wear a turtleneck or a dress shirt and tie. Do not wear pantyhose. Essentially, do not wear anything that’s tight fitting or compressing. If is also important that you avoid wearing lotions, oils and oversized earrings. Leave your cell phone at home and don’t wear a watch to the screening.
How to Prepare for a Life Line Screening
If you take prescription medication, take it as prescribed. Ask the technicians if you need to fast before any of you pending test. If so fast as required. And, you should give yourself plenty of time to get to the screening. You shouldn’t even have the remotest fear that you could be late. Try to arrive early. This way you’ll be relaxed and at ease when the screening starts.
As each phase of the screening begins, relax and do as you are told by the technicians and nurses. It’s very important that you follow instructions so that the results of the tests are accurate and complete. Some tests will require that you remain absolutely still, so use the rest room before the tests begin or when prompted after the tests have started. Relax and think pleasant thoughts as the tests are being run.
• For the Carotid Artery Screening an open neck shirt with short sleeves is best.
• When being tested for the Atrial Fibrillation, not having lotion or oils on the body helps as well as not carrying a cell phone or wearing a watch. And, wearing loose fitting clothing is optimal.
• When being tested for the Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, its best to take all medications including diabetic medicines prior to testing and to be dressed in comfortable clothing.
• For the Ankle-Brachial Index test dress comfortably, not wearing anything tight.
• For both the Complete Lipid Panel and the Glucose test fast for twelve hours prior to the screenings.
Once you have dressed properly, taken you medications and fasted as needed, make sure you arrive a little early, so you’ll be relaxed when the testing starts.
For details: www.youtube.com/user/lifelinescreening