Doe Deere is an adorable and might we say extremely colorful face behind the hugely popular Lime Crime cosmetics line. She is the self-proposed “Queen of Unicorns,” and a lovely positive-vibed change maker in today’s aggressive cosmetic industry. Doe is relatively young to have such an accelerated success, and there doesn’t seem to be any stopping her where she is.
Here are 6 beautiful reasons we can’t help but fall in love with Doe Deere over and over again:
1. She was born in Russia. A littler known fact about the Queen of color is that she was born and raised in Russia. She only moved to the United States when she was 17 years old. She originally immigrated to New York but now lives in Los Angeles. So, if you need yet another reason to love Deere, knowing that her success is that of a hard-working and determined immigrant, a true American success story that should inspire all.
2. She stands behind the trends she sets. While Doe is an inspiring entrepreneur, she truly loves the products she creates. It only takes a quick gander at her personal Instagram page to see that she is her own customer. Doe’s colorful locks and flawlessly pungent makeup are a sight to behold.
3. Lime Crime is vegan. While the company has been cruelty-free since its inception in 2008, Deere took it to the next level by going completely vegan in 2012. While we all strive to live by our personal standards, it is common knowledge that many cosmetic companies have shady backgrounds when it comes to animal testing and unnecessary animal byproducts. While no one insisted Doe go in this direction, she has always been passionate about animal rights and has made a commitment to morally stand by every aspect of her brand.
4. She lets her imagination rule. Doe has a keen appreciation for art, thus it is no surprise that when she first moved to New York she aspired to be something creative. However, makeup was not her first dabble in the creative world, she first gave it a go as a professional musician. Let it be said, we are selfishly glad she switched gears because its hard to imagine life without her colorful cosmetics.
5. Her business partner is her husband. The adorable color wreaks cool vibes and makes Lime Crime even more of a favorite. While most cosmetic companies are just out there to make a quick buck, Doe and her husband have made this inspiring line of make up a family business. What can we say, this girl really does what she loves, with who she loves… Is there anything possibly more we could ask!
6. Remember when we said she was the self-professed Queen of Unicorns? Well, unicorns are what Doe calls her fans. She has a lot of them too. Her Instagram stats are out of control and many of Lime Crime’s popular items frequently sell out. Still, Doe tries her best to keep up!
Check her out on LinkedIn